Working Suffolk of the Year
If you and your horse take part in working activities during the year why not enter the Suffolk Working Horse of the Year Competition?. Here are the rules as a reminder.
Points are given for attendance at working events, which must be competitive.
Events where points can be awarded are:-
Working events organized by a. A recognised ploughing society.
b. Working horse associations
c. The Suffolk Ploughing Match
d. Suffolk Spectacular
e. Suffolk Endurance
f. Driving Trials
Points will be awarded as follows:
1st: 20, 2nd: 15, 3rd: 10, 4th: 7.
All other competitors to be awarded 5 points each
1. Participating owners will be issued with one card per horse.
2. At each event the type of job the horse was doing and it's placing must be recorded, together with the date and place.
3. The Judge or Secretary of the event must sign the card.
4. It is the responsibility of the owner to get the card signed.
5. Horses must be 4 years old or over.
6. Horses can be stallions, mares or geldings.
7. Horses must be registered in the UK Pedigree Register of the Stud Book. Their registration number must be quoted on the card.
8. All events must be competitive.
Entry cards for the 2016 competition must be submitted to the Society's office by 14th October 2016.