Equine Passports: Complaints
Suffolk Horse Society Complaints & Appeals
Relating to the Society’s Responsibilities as a Passport Provider
The Suffolk Horse Society strives for a high standard in its responsibilities as a passport provider but there may be occasions when something goes wrong. When that happens, we would encourage you to tell us about your comments or complaints so we can put things right. Complaints may be made verbally in the first instance by telephoning the Society’s office but should be followed up in writing, either by letter or e-mail. Your name and contact details must be included.
- We will provide written acknowledgement of the complaint.
- We will confirm how the complaint will be dealt with, by whom and within in what timeframe. Complaints will normally be considered by the Breeding Committee, which is a Committee of the elected Council of Trustees.
- We will investigate the complaint and provide written confirmation of the outcome of the complaint.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved in the short-term a letter will be sent to you within eight weeks of the original complaint, clearly explaining why we have been unable to resolve the matter.
- Records of any complaints received will be kept by the Society for two years from the date of the initial communication and will be made available for inspection if necessary. The records will include the name of the complainant, the substance of the complaint and the actions taken in resolution.
If the complainant is not satisfied with the suggested solution/process, he or she may appeal in writing to the Society detailing the cause of dissatisfaction
- We will provide written acknowledgement of the appeal.
- The appeal will then be considered by the Executive Committee of the Council, which will agree a course of action.
We have updated the Suffolk Horse Society Recommendations for Equine Flu for the showing season. Please READ MORE here
Spring Seminar 2019
Discounts with your SHS Membership Card
Welcome to the World Bluegum Lady Aurora!
STALLION LISTING FOR 2019
Now available to download from our website
If you would prefer a hard copy of this booklet, please call the office on 01394 380643, and we will happily post one to you!
AFFILIATED SHOWS 2019
Look at "What's Happening" for an up-to-date list of Affiliated Shows for 2019!
STALLIONS AT STUD
Check out our newly updated A-Z of Stallions at Stud for 2019
Now user-friendly for IPads and mobile phones!
Select the "Family Tree" for a 5 generation Pedigree report, and select the SHS Logo for a Photograph of each Stallion*
*Please note that the Photographs appear automatically if using website on a PC/Laptop.
The keen-eyed of you will have noticed that our homepage looks different!
We have had a small refresh done to update the look of the website. This has been done free of charge, and we thank Free-rein for their kind services on this. All features and accesses operate as previously, but we have added icons for direct access to our Instagram and Facebook pages.
WHERE TO SEE A SUFFOLK
You may have already seen our postcard, advertising places that you can visit in order to see a Suffolk. We have now also listed these places under Links To Other Sites, and will update this listing as we are notified of more places where Suffolks can be seen.
You can view her art at
Our Stallion A-Z Listing now includes a 5 generation pedigree for each listed stallion. Click on the tree symbol shown on the individual stallion's detail
Horserace Betting Levy Board Publishes Codes of Practice for 2018
The Codes are an essential guide for the prevention and control of equine diseases threatening equine breeding.
The SHS recommends that all Suffolk owners/breeders familiarise themselves with the new code - see our website main panel, in order to read the HBLB's full press release and provided links.
Like the idea of buying some horsey clothing AND helping the Society?
Click on the image to find out more!
Click on the image to report a case of
Attention all Suffolk horse owners.
Is your Equine Passport up to date? It is a UK LEGAL requirement to tell us IMMEDIATELY if
- your horse has died and you have not returned the passport
- if you have bought a horse and not arranged for the passport to be endorsed into your name
Trading standards can fine owners in possession of incorrect passports. Click here to see the Legal Responsibility of Owners.