Working Suffolk of the Year
If you and your horse take part in working activities during the year why not enter the Suffolk Working Horse of the Year Competition?. Here are the rules as a reminder.
Points are given for attendance at working events, which must be competitive.
Events where points can be awarded are:-
Working events organized by a. A recognised ploughing society.
b. Working horse associations
c. The Suffolk Ploughing Match
d. Suffolk Spectacular
e. Suffolk Endurance
f. Driving Trials
Points will be awarded as follows:
1st: 20 points, 2nd: 15 points, 3rd: 10 points, 4th: 7 points.
All other competitors to be awarded 5 points each
1. Participating owners will be issued with one card per horse.
2. At each event the type of job the horse was doing and it's placing must be recorded, together with the date and place.
3. The Judge or Secretary of the event must sign the card.
4. It is the responsibility of the owner to get the card signed.
5. Horses must be 4 years old or over.
6. Horses can be stallions, mares or geldings.
7. Horses must be registered in the UK Pedigree Register of the Stud Book. Their registration number must be quoted on the card.
8. All events must be competitive.
Entries for the 2020 competition must be submitted to the Society's office by 26th October 2020.
Suffolk Horse Spectacular
13th September 2020
Now you have your 2020 calendars, its time to mark the date for this year's Suffolk Horse Spectucular!
It will be taking place at Marks Hall in Coggeshall, Essex again, as last year was such a success, and we hope to repeat that this year!
We will be having the usual wonderful display of Suffolks in various disciplines, as well as other attractions such as dog agility, farriery demonstrations, timber snigging, and archery. Put Sunday 13th September in your diary now.
IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO ENTER!! You still have a few days in January to complete your challenge, so sign up today. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01394 460621 to sign up. It's only £12.99 to enter and you will win a medal if you reach your target.
This week, Nigel Oakley was the guest on Lesley Dolphin's sofa, on BBC Radio Suffolk, talking about the work he does with Suffolk Horses.
Listen to the interview here
The results from all shows affiliated with the Suffolk Horse Society are now available to download as a PDF booklet.
If you would like to be sent a hard copy of the Show Results, please send an A4 sized stamped addressed envelope to Suffolk Horse Soceity, Suite 8, Britannia House, Base Business Park, Rendlesham Suffolk IP12 2UT.